Monday, October 19, 2009

VALENTINE'S DAY



(Silent cry from the midst of a silent heart...on a special day...wrote it on 10th August, 2009)

There you were..
Standing right in front of me.
Looking like a lovely angel,
The most dazzling girl, as i always see.

It is the 14th of Feb..
People call it valentine's day.
But to me it's a moment when,
what i feel for you, i can finally say.

It has been so long..
From the day i started loving you.
I forgot about everything,
I don't remember, how the time flew.

I bought a red rose..
Still wet from morning dew.
I would speak my heart out,
Start a new life, holding hands with you.

I took a step finally..
Inching closer and closer to you.
But then came out of nowhere,
A familiar face ,someone I always knew.

He kneeled down to you..
Said how much his love is aflame.
Stunned,contented and beaming you said,
That deep inside, you also felt the same.

The clouds above me moved closer..
And the ground below grew cold.
The heartless wind kept on blowing,
Telling me that, my wretched soul was sold.

My inside all turend to ash..
A black wind took them away from sight.
And blew far away as I collapsed.
It's darkness all around, like a dark night.

The thorns of the rose..
Bleeding my hand red like it's own.
On the edge of a Valentine's day.
Broken, beaten and scarred, I stand alone !!

2 comments:

Snigdha.. said...

poor guy!!!
never mind as they say..
"Her name is Alice
Yesterday you got ur 1st kiss,
Today she tells it is all over,
She saw u with another miss.
Before u tell her it was only ur sis,
It's a bye-bye Alice.
Alices will go but Sallies will come,
Don't worry life goes on."

Prosit said...

Ok so the next poem is for Sally...right ?