Thursday, March 4, 2010

ONCE BURNED, TWICE SHY

(This is for those people...who at some point of their life...considered me important to them....this is my longest and the only poem where I had my emotional outbursts while writing it....hope not to write these kinds ever again....wrote it on 4th March, 2010)

Remember, remember, there was a time
When he used to feel like a lonely boy.
No one to call him up or to take care
Living all alone with deprieved of joy.

It was then he saw me all by himself
He never felt alone again in his life.
For he called me his best friend ever
Someone to save him from all his strife.

Then in the midst came she in his life
And he slowly forgot all that was me.
He made me cry, start telling me lies
For I was someone he never wished to see.

Remember, remember, there was a time
When she could never trust anyone known.
Her thoughts were mocked and made fun of
Living among people yet she was alone.

It was then she found me from her lot
And again she regained the trust she lost.
For she called me her best friend ever
Ready to give anything this friendship cost.

But then came that fateful night of truth
When she was asked by her lot to choose.
If friendship was more or marks were more
Abandoned me for marks were precious to loose.

Remember, remember, there was a time
When she felt betrayed by her only love.
Her mind could never ever stay focused
With voices wispered of hate from above.

It was then she learnt about my existance
And she found someone to share her pain.
For she called me her best friend ever
Something in her life that's worth the gain.

And then came the cloud of doubts in her mind
She then wanted to get rid of what was me.
Running away and hiding in the darkness
Whenever there were glimpses of me to see.

Remember, remember, now gone are those days
When friendship in my life was only a bliss.
I was remembered over and over again by them
My name was called if something was amiss.

Today it's me who stands all alone by myself
It's me who lost all the trust I had long.
It's only me who is betrayed of love and life
But yet I pretend that nothing is wrong.

For if I try to reach out my hands forward
They would never bother for an ally reply.
For I'm not needed anymore in their life
That's why I feel now, "Once burned, twice shy !!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey prosit, u really becomin a pro man....
grt...i wll keep lukin forward for ur new ones

Anonymous said...

ki re ato depressed thakle cholbe??cheer up man!!!!:)yo yo !!

sangeeta said...

ki re ato depressed thakle cholbe??cheer up man!!!!:)yo yo !!