Saturday, January 9, 2010

THE FACE INSIDE


(I hope someday....someone would see the real face inside this mask....wrote it on 9th January, 2010)

Well look at me, what do you see ?
A pretty face that always grins and lies.
But there's a face within this face
That is always hidden from your eyes.

Pretending is the art that I perform
But please don't get fooled by this game.
For this is just a face to hide myself
A mask that I wear with just a name.

Conspiracies and betryal they did with me
Even they called me a mysterious creep.
Still this face smile and laugh with them
But their words make the face inside to weep.

My face may always seem smooth to you
But this face is just only a mask.
A mask to hide fear, pain and aloneness
A mask to shield me from glances that only ask.

You may wonder why this hidden face inside ?
It's because they don't care my tears and sighs.
So I wear this face to hide the face inside
Which is torn from silent screams and tearless cries.

3 comments:

RD said...

I guess I know wat it is..
Care for those who care for the facce inside, its better to have one true frnd by your side than to have a million false ones.
Wish you could get over it :)

Niraj said...

Awesome work bro! Just too practical to everyone's life. Actually none sees the face inside. You're right nobody has time for that. And I know that well. But atleast you still have a way to express it. Just keep writing like this man. This is the only way to overcome the pain and sorrow. Don't hope for someone to look at that face inside. Great work bro.

Prosit said...

@ Ruchira: Thanks...I wish I could.

@ Niraj: Thanks a lot brother...You're right...it's no use to hope for such things. These things sound good in a poem.