Wednesday, December 8, 2010

THE RAIN IN MY EYES

(A lonely soul's thought...on a cold rainy day...walking all alone in the rain...so that nobody knows that he's crying...wrote it on 8th December, 2010)

There's a rain deep inside my eyes,
Filmsy strip like a lace paper window pane.
Breaking apart the onerous might, off they fall,
From the burdened clouds of mournful grey.

The world outside pouring heavily down,
The leaking shutters, the pelting sound.
Embracing mud over the little sodden hill,
Standing tall, the weeping willow cries still.

Within the dark, in a prison of a room,
The mind roaming an unfamiliar territory.
One missed call, an unfinished song,
Rattling pages, syncing the wind blown rain.

On the tinned rooftop, on the concrete road,
Soaking into sands, upon the windscreen.
The first rain of winter falls wet and cold,
From the sullen clouds over the black forest fringe.

Opening door, with my cold feet upon wet floor,
I slowly walk outside to the distant shore.
The driving drops advance their gears up,
To camouflage the sneaking drops within my soul.

Wringing skin, dripping wet with icy chill,
The rain in my eyes and I, no more we fight.
Finally standing upon equal bearing now are we,
This cold rain, myself, in complete harmony !!

1 comment:

RD said...

Well written! But please don't walk in the rain in December! Its northern hemisphere Pro!! :D